Office of the Mayor
March 19, 2020
Effective March 20, 2020, in order to help contain the spread of the Coronovirus or COVID-19 within the Town of Ceredo, the following actions shall take place:
Closures and Cancellations
• All Parks and Recreation facilities are closed until April 3, at which time the closure will be re-assessed.
• All historical and museum facilities, including the Ramsdell House and Ceredo Museum, will be closed until April 3, at which time the closure will be re-assessed.
• All Town Boards or Commissions meetings, with the exception of the Town Council, will be postponed until their normal May meeting.
• The Municipal Court lobby is closed to the public, but citations can be paid online at www.ceredowv.gov, or the Court Clerk can be contacted at 304-453-1411 for further information.
• Municipal Court hearings will be cancelled until April 14, 2020. Questions concerning hearing dates should be directed to the Court Clerk at 304-453-1411.
• Restaurants may only provide take out, delivery, or drive-thru service.
• All bars, lounges, private clubs, and gyms shall be closed until April 3, unless repealed by the Mayor of Town Council before that date.
Town Council Meetings
• Regular or Special meetings of the Town Council will be held as scheduled. Residents are encouraged to submit comments or items of public interest related to agenda items electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, to limit unnecessary personal contact.
• Town Hall will remain open for the conduct of Town business, but the Town Hall lobby will be closed. Residents having business that requires entry to Town Hall should first call 304-453-4675 to schedule an appointment.
• Payment of utility bills or inquiries about utility service should whenever possible be made online (www.ceredowv.gov) or by using the drop-box in front of Town Hall, the USPS, or by telephone (304-453-4675).
• The Police Department will continue with normal patrol activities.
• The Police Communications Center will be closed to the public except in emergency situations.
• The Ceredo Social Services Office is prepared to assist elderly or disabled residents with activities such as grocery shopping or obtaining food or medical supplies. Persons requiring this assistance should call 304-453-4657 and ask for Social Services.
• Large gatherings should be restricted within the Town, according to guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Governor.
• All residents are encouraged to practice preventive health measures and to show social responsibility during this crisis.
What You Can Do
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or throw-away item.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.